Friday, March 11, 2011

Something bright and cheerful...


...to contrast the dull grey weather. Two (or is it three?) days of rain and today it's snowing.

To keep my stitching mojo flowing I pulled out CDT to work on. It's about as bright and colourful as you can get. Almost finished the green, then just blue and purple to fill in. :) It's stitched 1x1 on 28ct black Jobelan using a variety of Gloriana silks (and one HDF for the pink). I'm quite happy with how it's turning out. This will be a nice contrast to my CDX which was a rainbow of pastels on black. Might have to restitch CDC now in multiple colours just to make it match up...

Once I complete CDT in a couple days, I'll finish up Daisy for the Spring Online Needlework show. AND I saved up enough pennies, so I ordered the materials for Antique Lace today - apart from the beads, which will go on last anyway. So depending on how quickly they arrive, I'll likely be starting on that one next.

I've been busy on the biz front, I think I've found a good web host, and will be getting a site online in the coming weeks with a paypal cart for PDF sales. I haven't done web development in a loooooong time, so I'm sure it will be a frustrating experience, but I've been in business over 2 years now, and I should have done it ages ago. Stay tuned, I'll post the link once I've got it up and running!

2 comments:

  1. Your colors are awsome!! I have not been a big fan of the triangle piece before this picture. I love CDC though. I love the look on black. I wonder if my eyes will take black. I swore it off in my 20's but I have a kitted project waiting to be started on black linen. Maybe this can be next??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and colorful project!

    ReplyDelete