Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Learning Sampler Part 3

Part 3 is up in the Facebook group and has been sent out via email. If you didn't receive an email, please contact me!

Here is what my own looks like after part 3:


For reference, I'm using Silk Mill Silk threads and 34 ct Legacy Linen in Wren Wing.

A note on the Legacy Linen - I've just been notified by the distributor that 34ct Legacy Linen in Oaten Scone and Wren Wing is no longer available. :( It's a sad day for me as those are two of my favourites and I've used both in models recently. So I went on a hunt yesterday to find alternatives.

For Wren Wing, Zweigart Natural is very close - just a touch darker. Depending on preference you could go 32 or 36 count. Oaten Scone doesn't have a great match in any Zweigart colours I have here, the closest would be Flax, though Flax is a touch darker and more brownish. I did find a very good match to it from Lakeside Linens, the colour Chantilly Creme is very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment